Tuesday, December 25, 2012

His Priceless Gift

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be up before my children Christmas morning. Waiting. Mid-morning turns to late, and we wait, the youngest ready to wake the others in a moment's notice, including dad. He still slumbers.
 
Coffee cake cooling, parade on TV, Jesus' stocking hangs solo on the mantle. It holds our gifts to Him. Each year, following Christmas Eve service, we share communion as a family, remembering what Jesus did for us. The priceless gift of His life in exchange for ours. Then we take down His stocking. Inside are the gifts we've given Him in previous years. A little reality check. How did we do? Blank card ready, we write down our gift for this year.
 
I had to give Him the same thing this year as I did in 2011. It's the one thing I believe will lead to everything else He desires. It's my love and adoration. If I truly love Him, first and foremost at all times and in all things, everything else will follow. Obedience. Prioritizing my time. Serving and sacrificing for others. Sharing the gospel, no matter the cost.
 
The quiet is ending. Our agreed-upon deadline of 10:30 a.m. has arrived. The ones awake make the rounds to beds holding slumbering sisters and dad. 
 
Gifts await.  
 
So does Jesus. Nothing compares to the priceless gift He offers.
 
Will you receive all He has for you? Will you offer your best gift to Him today?
 
I pray this day holds the wonder of Christ's love!
 
Merry CHRISTmas!
 
Shauna Wallace
Holy His

No comments:

Post a Comment